Thanks to Moya at The Moyatorium for tagging me on this one! What a fun thing to do during the dreary winter in Canada for sure! The rules are simple and I hope that the nominees will participate as well. And without further ado, here we go!
- Display the award logo
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers
- Ask them 7 questions
- If it doesn’t smell bad, how long past the expiry date would you still drink the milk?
This is an absolutely hilarious first question, and I love it. It’s a good question! I would say milk is risky, it really does go bad quite quickly especially if it’s under-refrigerated or left out. I don’t have the best nose, so actually I can’t smell spoiled milk that well (unless it’s really bad). One easy way to tell is to poor it out and see if it’s lumpy at all though—that definitely means it’s gone bad. Taste some to make sure before putting spoiled milk into any food! I’d say a couple of days past expiry is already very risky.
- What’s your opinion on Wordle?
I usually don’t buy into any hype or trendy things. So I was resistant to starting Wordle for the longest time. That being said, I was bored one day and I tried it. I then realized you can only play once a day, which I found to be very low commitment (something I like nowadays during my busy life). It is fun! I don’t really understand the hype still though. It’s essentially hangman and mastermind combined, if you’re familiar with those two. I like the game, but definitely confused why it has blown up the way it has.
- If I stole your phone and changed the lockscreen, what’s the worst thing I could change it to?
Probably some embarrassing picture of me. Close-up of some insects or something gory would also be awful. Mine is currently a picture of my dog, whom I love dearly.
- How do you feel about the smell of cigarettes?
Absolutely not. Tobacco or even marijuana smoke, I’d really rather not. I don’t think I have the worst reaction to it compared to some people, but I definitely don’t enjoy it and it makes me feel a bit nauseous.
- Do you like the scent of rain, or does it smell like misery?
Petrichor—I definitely love it! It smells earthy and fresh and reminds me new growth and something alive. It really reminds me that the earth is alive and that nature is at work even when sometimes the city just feels so cold. I don’t think I have ever thought of the rain as misery, though sometimes being stuck inside because of the rain when you were planning on going out can be quite miserable. The scent of rain is great though!
- When was the last time you broke the law, and are you proud of it?
I decline to disclose. Haha, just kidding. I’m sure I broke some speeding law or something most recently. I’m not particularly proud of it, but I don’t think I consider it of much importance either. Speeding laws are meant to be keeping us as a community safe, and if you’re driving safely 5 km over the limit, I don’t really think anyone is put in danger…even though you’re technically breaking the law.
- What do you do when you can’t fall asleep?
I don’t usually have a problem with this but I think I end up watching YouTube videos or reading something. Tiring out my eyes is an easy way to just make me lie down and close my eyes. And when those things happen in the dark, I tend to fall asleep soon after.
Here are some blogs that we think are neat! We’d love to hear from you:
Leslie @ Books Are The New Black
Louise H @ Life in the Book Lane
Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm
24hr.YAbookblog @ 24hryabookblog
Marta @ Monogamist Reader
Nehal @ Quirky Pages
Questions for You
- If you could live in any book world in a villain’s shoes, which book would that be?
- If you could have a superpower that you could only use once a day, what would it be?
- If you had to rename the colour purple, what would it be and why?
- How much pulp is appropriate for your orange juice?
- If you could give years of your lifespan to others (including pets), how would you choose to spend it?
- Is low battery or no signal scarier?
- If you could be anywhere in the world and read (no restrictions whatsoever), where would you choose to do so?
Looking forward to all your wacky and/or insightful answers!