It’s a new year and I’m trying to be a new me – which basically means I’m trying to update more often with blog posts to keep you all mildly entertained.
My January has been a crazy month. I am juggling not one, but TWO jobs, making it very hard to find time to do what I love to do: READ. And if I’m not reading, then how can I be blogging?? Well, here’s to trying to fit in time and being more regular with my posts. And to think that I always assumed school kept me too busy from doing all of this.
What have I read this month?
Sadly, not as much as my loftier goal for this year has so far shown. I hope as I adjust to my new work schedule there’d be better time management in between it all. One can only hope *fingers crossed*! But seriously, adulting life can get so tiring.
Anyway, what I have read has been mostly amazing, really kicking off the year to a great start with books that I’ve fairly enjoyed!
- Favourite book: Letters to the Lost by far BLEW me out of this world – and into Dev and Juliet’s
- Most surprising book: The Traitor Prince made my heart pound in a way that neither of its 2 predecessors could
- New author book: The Queen’s Rising had a whole lot of potential with its world building and history so I can’t wait for book 2!
Feel free to check out my thoughts on any of these books as you browse around! And in case you’re wondering, yes, I will be posting the review for Into the Bright Unknown soon.
My current books that I’ve started are a mix of both books I think I’ll really enjoy and those that I’m lagging slowly through (although I REALLY do wish that I could love it).
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- Lucky in Love by Kasie West
- The Academy by Katie Sise
- The Diminished by Kaitlyn Sage Patterson
- I Am Loved by Wendy Blight
I kind of hope that I can get through all of them as I hate DNF’ing any book unless it’s highly improbable that I’ll ever finish it. Life has been getting busier so time is precious yet I find myself dragging in my heels when I consider just turning in the book and closing it for good without reaching the end.
Have you read any of these yet? Any opinions on these titles? And do you ever the feel the same about just calling it quits on a book?
Up Next! TBR List
Oh man, where do I even START? There are so many books I just need to zip through, yet I’m the type of person who likes to enjoy the story – especially if it’s an AMAZING one – and take my time in the world that the author has lovingly crafted. I dunno about you, but I don’t understand how some people can read hundreds of books in a year. Maybe I’m just one of those slower readers but that must take so much time!
And I totally wish I could be one of those people! Why wasn’t I born with the ability to read faster??
Anyway, here goes – at least for my most pressing books on my TBR list. And you can hold me accountable for how far I get through this list in February. Hopefully not a pitiful few, which I suppose we’ll just have to see.
- The Reader by Traci Chee
- The Speaker by Traci Chee
- Firstlife by Gena Showalter
- Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
- Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- Lifeblood by Gena Showalter
- Everlife by Gena Showalter
- More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer
The problem is, I never know when I wake up the next morning what mood I would be in. I could be totally for starting up a new fantasy the night before, but suddenly, I feel like I need a good laugh and a sappy/cute romance. Or vice versa. What a conundrum! Only time will tell how I fare.
How do you manage to find time to read? And any of these books also on your TBR?