Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
I’m going to have to keep this short and sweet because I’m about to knock out. It’s my boyfriend’s birthday today and I have a long day planned which also includes a half day of work still, but I’m looking forward to it and hopefully won’t fall asleep somewhere in the middle.
Today’s TTT is all about typography. I once told my graphic design friends that typography was my favourite thing about art. It’s possibly the only thing I am semi good at when it comes to art so I may be biased. (My friend thought I was super weird for liking the one class most of them hated but oh well.)
I have collated a list of book covers that scream FASCINATING fonts, ones that match the theme of the cover/story, or are just generally unique in my opinion.
- Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner
- Loathe at First Sight by Suzanne Park
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Easton
- The Paper Girl of Paris by Jordyn Taylor
- Frankly in Love by David Yoon
- Shooter by Caroline Pignat
- ttyl by Lauren Myracle
- They Wish They Were Us by Jessica Goodman
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
What do you think about these covers? I tried to vary the different typography as much as I could. See any that you like? Let me know in the comments below!