Leslie @ Books Are The New Black created a fun monthly post featuring book covers that fit the birthstone of the month.This can be the color of the cover or the color in the title.
Anyone can join, just give credit where it’s due.
It’s almost the end of September and I honestly feel like this month has both been super slow and also gone in a flash. The weather is finally turning and it’s getting colder here. Fall fashion is coming back and I’m ALL for that. Also, it’s becoming more acceptable of an aesthetic to be buried under a blanket (or two!) with a hot cup of something to drink while reading a book. I mean, I do that all year round but at least I seem more normal doing it in autumn!
This month’s birthstone is the absolutely gorgeous sapphire. I sometimes envy the many people I know who have a birthday in this month because it’s such a beautiful stone. To match its colour, I have picked a number of gorgeous covers that feature its beautiful deep blue hue.
- American Royals by Katharine McGee
- Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
- The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu
- Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory
- House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J. Maas
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski
- Crystal Kingdom by Amanda Hocking
- Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson
- The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young
- Frozen Reign by Kathryn Purdie
- Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth
- Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder
What did you think of my sapphire inspired covers? Let me know in the comments below!
Next month is represented by tourmaline and we will be looking for pink covers! October is right around the corner and spooky season is upon us. I hope to see you join in as we enter the last quarter of 2022!