Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Maybe it’s just this time of year but generally I don’t buy too many books or add to my collection unless they’re ARCs. But in the last 2 months, I’ve collated a number of new titles for my shelves that I am happy to share with you all.
I’m a huge believer of buying secondhand books. I loved just going through those stacks with endless gems of books hidden away somewhere, and the absolute KINDEST store owners ever. It’s always been a wonderful experience whenever I walk into an indie secondhand store, and I definitely encourage supporting them more.
With that being said, I picked up 5 books (all together under $30 in excellent condition!) at the end of November when I took a little short family road trip nearby and HAD to explore the town’s indie bookstore.
1. Rule (book 1) and Rise (book 2) by Ellen Goodlett
- I’ve seen this series around but haven’t had the chance to read it so I thought I would try it out.
2. Nancy Drew books
- I’m constantly adding to my Nancy Drew collection of the OG yellow hardcover spines. So any one I can find in such bookstores is a huge win for me!
3. Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- I’ve read this book when it came out and I enjoyed it! I like to buy books I know I like than end up collecting books on my shelf that I end up not liking at all and just have to donate.
Presents for birthday/Christmas
As may have been indicated by my post last week, I just celebrated my birthday. One of the perks (or the only perk I guess?) of being born at this time of year is that I sometimes get twice the amount of presents from friends for Christmas and my birthday.
4. 6-book paperback box set of Shadowhunters series
- I mentioned in my previous TTT post that I wanted this box set, and my lovely boyfriend secretly got it for me for my birthday! I just love the graphics on the spines and how they connect with one another. I can’t wait to display it prominently on my shelf.
5. One of Us Is Lying duology box set
- Likewise, this was another box set I wanted from a series I adore! Friends know me well 😌
- This is a birthday present from one of my childhood friends who knows I’m a huge book lover (obviously). This is a beautifully drawn list of various book genres and major titles recommended from all sorts of book lovers. I highly recommend flipping through the drawn book stacks , and it also makes for a great coffee table book too.
7. These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
- This was a gift from a friend whom you will be introduced to soon as she has joined us here at DTRH this year! I’m super excited to see what she’ll bring to the table here and the kind of books she loves to read and review.
Presents from the book community
Since joining this book community, I have come to realize just how compassionate and amazing the people here are. From RAOK (random acts of kindness) to participate on Bookstagram to amazing giveaways and strangers I haven’t interacted with sending along a gift to make me smile, I am so grateful for you all! Thank you for being a part of my community.
These were the lovely books that some fellow book bloggers and bookstagrammers gifted to me last month.
8. The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood
9. Love Her Wild by Atticus
10. The Other Side of the Sky by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
December FairyLoot box
Bonus! I have tried out a FairyLoot box for the first time as a little birthday gift to myself. It arrived over Christmas but as it’s not time to share yet, I won’t say what books were in there though I’m intrigued by the selection. I will share over on my bookstagram when it’s time if you are curious, but these have been interesting additions to my book collection too.
Have you gotten any books in the last 2 months you are excited for? Or do you own any of the books I’ve listed above? Let me know in the comments below!