I cannot believe we’re almost at the end of the year. Is it just me or did this year seem both really long and pretty short at the same time? Is that just me?
Either way, I hope November treated you all well. I feel like all I did was work, but I also got the chance to dye my hair and go to the orchestra reopening with a friend.
Reading wise, it’s been an okay month. I’m loving the audiobooks I’m getting into and it makes certain reading experiences so much more enjoyable! I’m happy I gave it a chance. In other news, my bookstagram reached a milestone and I hosted a giveaway there recently. If we’re not friends yet on that platform, I would love to make your acquaintance and follow you there as well!
What did I read this month?
Most outstanding: These Violent Delights blew me away. This was a joint buddy read with Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm and our reviews will be individually posted on our respective blogs tomorrow, so keep an eye out! I loved the history, the ingrained cultural aspects and the wonderful enemies to lovers romance. It has a little bit for everyone, and is deservedly a NYT bestseller.
ARC shoutout: A Psalm of Storms and Silence (review here) was an okay conclusion and follow-up to an outstanding first novel. I had higher hopes for it, but I am grateful I got to read it early.
Not my cup of tea: Last Chance Books and The Liars Beneath (review here) were both not what I expected or lacked crucial elements I wanted to see in the book. Might work for some people, but just not exactly for me.
New author alert: I really am enjoying Chelsea Bobulski’s All I Want for Christmas series and cannot wait to finish the rest of them in time for the holidays!
Anticipated sequels: I wanted to badly like While We Were Dating but something fell flat for me, particularly the characters. I missed the cute parts of a relationship and felt like it was only oozing sexual chemistry. Not that that’s a bad thing, but I just want a little something more, you know?
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
- All I Want for Christmas is the Girl Next Door by Chelsea Bobulski
- A Psalm of Storms and Silence by Roseanne A. Brown
- Last Chance Books by Kelsey Rodkey
- While We Were Dating by Jasmine Guillory
- The Liars Beneath by Heather Van Fleet
Current reading list
- All I Want for Christmas is the Girl in Charge by Chelsea Bobulski
- Not Here to Be Liked by Michelle Quach
- currently adoring the Asian representation and the premise on feminism
- A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- yes, I’m still on this one…
- All I Want for Christmas is the Boy I Can’t Have by Chelsea Bobulski
- Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood
- Anatomy: A Love Story by Dana Schwartz
That’s it for November! I can’t wait for Christmas and will definitely be sharing some Christmas-related things in December.